Today Presonus is making a big announcement of a new version of their DAW – Studio One 5 and brand new midi controller/step sequencer – Atom SQ.
The PreSonus ATOM SQ is a versatile hybrid MIDI keyboard/pad performance and production controller that’s ideal for creating hip-hop, EDM, or any other style of music. Quickly and easily craft beats and melodies with the remarkable staggered pad layout that’s familiar and intuitive to both keyboard players and step sequencer fans.
The touch strips can be assigned to control any parameter from filter cutoff to panning, while the 32 pressure- and velocity-sensitive pads support polyphonic aftertouch. The context-sensitive LCD screen provides easy feedback for common functions and the eight endless rotary encoders control are readily assignable to any control parameter.
Additional features include navigation and transport controls, an onboard arpeggiator, and a constrain-to-scale function that prevents wrong notes. This complete music production package includes Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite, and two loop packs and custom kits for Impact XT. The ATOM SQ is USB bus powered and ships with a USB cable.
- A complete music production package with hybrid MIDI keyboard/pad performance and production controller and Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite (both included)
- 32 velocity- and pressure-sensitive, RGB LED pads in a unique, staggered layout; intuitive for keyboard players and step sequencer fans
- Context-sensitive screen displays valuable parameter information including CC assignments, swing, and much more
- Eight endless rotary encoders can be easily configured to control nearly any software parameter
- Deep integration with Studio One’s Pattern editor for intuitive step sequencer programming
- Expressive arpeggiator for dramatic, easily-performed melodies
- Includes custom-curated content libraries for ATOM SQ
- Constrain to Scale feature puts an end to wrong notes forever
- USB bus-powered for easy connectivity and maximum portability
Studio One 5 – new version of Presonus DAW (feature details to be provided later today)