What Would Dilla Do? J Dilla Beat Making Techniques Using Maschine x Ableton
J Dilla is known as one of the most influential music producers within the Hip Hop culture. In this Dilla Day inspired video MGtheFuture will dive into techniques used by Jay Dee such as:
– Chopping up Guitar Riff from “Soul Circuit Vol. 2”
– Chopping up drum break from “Marvelous Breaks”
– Using “Link” feature to sync Maschine to Ableton Live
– Dragging Audio Tracks from Maschine to Ableton
- Setting up Groove Pool from analyzing original break
– Converting Audio to Midi via Ableton
– Using “KING” Vst for Bass Instrument
– Setting up Side Chain compression (dilla style) on bass and sample
– Then after thoughts and simple mix touches.
This tutorial video is demonstrated in Ableton Live and Maschine but can be accomplished on any sampling equipment with these features. For more tips, tricks and tutorials join us at Maschinemasters.com
Tweets by MGthefuture
Tweets by MaschineMasters
Maschine Masters is an online music production community focusing on sharing knowledge to up and coming producers using modern day software and hardware instruments. Our members can learn through detailed video tutorial courses on Maschine, MPC, MPC Touch, MPC Live, MPC X, Ableton and FL Studio. We also provide high quality sound kits to help take your beats to the next level. Why hesitate? Become a Maschine Masters today!